The Lacey Township Police Department believes in empowering the public through the release of timely information regarding what is occurring within the community. This link provides the public with information including a Weekly Police Blotter, Neighborhood Crime Alerts, Traffic Alerts, Upcoming Events, Department News, and much more. All persons referenced are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
In a continuing effort to maintain transparency and keep the public informed, this link will lead you to the monthly and annual statistics on the specific types of police calls and the number of police actions per month related to those call types.
This link provides the public with information directly from the police department related to some of the arrests, investigations, and other matters dealt with on a daily basis. Confidential matters such as domestic violence incidents, sexual assaults, child abuse, suicides, involuntary commitments due to mental illness, etc., are not included in this blotter. All persons referenced are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Township residents and the public should utilize this link to obtain electronic copies of accident reports, ID theft information, Reverse 9-1-1 self-registration, Business Emergency Contact Information submission, reporting a street light out, and registering for Nixle Alerts among other important resources.
Welcome to the Lacey Township Police Department Website.
Statement of Our Values
- Protection of Human Life. Each member of the Lacey Township Police Department trains and operates with the clear understanding that the protection of human life is our highest priority.
- Prevention of Crime and Disorder. Each member of the Lacey Township Police Department functions with the understanding that preventing crime and disorder benefits the community far more than relying on police action after victimization has occurred.
- Integrity. The integrity of the Lacey Township Police Department must never be compromised. Each member values his or her role in maintaining the public’s confidence in our honor and integrity. The accountability of all members of the organization is at the core of ensuring we meet our obligation to the public.
- Recognizing Our Team as Professionals. The leadership of the Lacey Township Police Department recognizes that professionalism begins with promoting and developing a culture of competence throughout the organization. Members of the Lacey Township Police Department are treated with respect and a recognition that support in the achievement of each member’s career goals and aspirations is an important element in overall motivation and performance. Professional development training is a key element in this process. It is through constant self-improvement that the organization will best serve the public as true professionals.
- Active Problem-Solving. Prevention and active problem-solving are closely linked, as the identification of recurring problems and the implementation of effective action to mitigate the causes of such problems directly contribute to the prevention of future victimization. Our members are committed to engaging in problem-solving as a natural part of each and every workday.
- Transparency via Consistent Communication. Utilizing all available mediums, the Lacey Township Police Department is committed to public awareness through communication. While respecting confidentialities, our organization will utilize available electronic mediums, the media, as well as public presentations to keep the public informed regarding matters of public interest.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness in Operations. The administration of the Lacey Township Police Department functions with a constant eye on maximum effectiveness while utilizing the limited resources of the agency in the most efficient manner possible. The fine balance between effectiveness and efficiency is a significant daily challenge in public safety. The Lacey Township Police Department is committed to providing the best possible service while doing so under tremendous fiscal constraints resulting in limited available resources.