Public information including neighborhood crime alerts, traffic delays, upcoming events, department news and more.
Specific types of police calls and the number of police actions per month related to those call types.
A weekly listing of some of the arrests, investigations, and other matters dealt with by the police department. Confidential matters such as domestic violence incidents, sexual assaults, psychological involuntary commitments, etc., are not included in this blotter.
Township residents and the public should utilize this link to obtain electronic copies of accident reports, ID Theft information, Reverse 9-1-1 self-registration, among other important resources.
Welcome to the Lacey Township Police Department Website.
The dedicated members of the Lacey Township Police Department are committed to providing the highest level of service to the community. This includes the use of technology to not only ensure our law enforcement efforts are more efficient and effective, but to also provide the community with convenient services and timely information. You may obtain a motor vehicle accident report, valuable information on identity theft, neighborhood crime alerts, information on the passage of new laws, and much more. Please feel free to browse this website to familiarize yourself with the Lacey Township Police Department and the services available. This site will continue to evolve as additional opportunities to serve you better become available.
It is the mission of the Lacey Township Police Department to protect the lives and property of those who visit, work, or reside in Forked River, Lanoka Harbor, and Bamber Lake, New Jersey. We, as the dedicated members of the Lacey Township Police Department, are committed to working diligently toward reducing criminal activity and victimization while improving the quality of life of the residents we so proudly serve. Our promise is to serve with honor and the highest level of integrity to maintain the public’s confidence in our organization.
Statement of Our Values
Our values are the fundamental beliefs from which our department establishes policy and practices, delivers the highest level services, and implements programs to meet our goals and objectives. Simply stated, it is our values that guide our actions.
- Protection of Human Life. Each member of the Lacey Township Police Department trains and operates with the clear understanding that the protection of human life is our highest priority.
- Prevention of Crime and Disorder. Each member of the Lacey Township Police Department functions with the understanding that preventing crime and disorder benefits the community far more than relying on police action after victimization has occurred.
- Integrity. The integrity of the Lacey Township Police Department must never be compromised. Each member values his or her role in maintaining the public’s confidence in our honor and integrity. The accountability of all members of the organization is at the core of ensuring we meet our obligation to the public.
- Recognizing Our Team as Professionals. The leadership of the Lacey Township Police Department recognizes that professionalism begins with promoting and developing a culture of competence throughout the organization. Members of the Lacey Township Police Department are treated with respect and a recognition that support in the achievement of each member’s career goals and aspirations is an important element in overall motivation and performance. Professional development training is a key element in this process. It is through constant self-improvement that the organization will best serve the public as true professionals.
- Active Problem-Solving. Prevention and active problem-solving are closely linked, as the identification of recurring problems and the implementation of effective action to mitigate the causes of such problems directly contribute to the prevention of future victimization. Our members are committed to engaging in problem-solving as a natural part of each and every workday.
- Transparency via Consistent Communication. Utilizing all available mediums, the Lacey Township Police Department is committed to public awareness through communication. While respecting confidentialities, our organization will utilize available electronic mediums, the media, as well as public presentations to keep the public informed regarding matters of public interest.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness in Operations. The administration of the Lacey Township Police Department functions with a constant eye on maximum effectiveness while utilizing the limited resources of the agency in the most efficient manner possible. The fine balance between effectiveness and efficiency is a significant daily challenge in public safety. The Lacey Township Police Department is committed to providing the best possible service while doing so under tremendous fiscal constraints resulting in limited available resources.