Weekly Police Blotter – Press Release
October 8th, 2013 thru October 14th, 2013
- Theft – On Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at 10:24 a.m., a resident of Yorktown Drive in Forked River reported that sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. on Monday, October 7, 2013, someone stole her Apple iPod Touch mp3 player from her residence. The iPod was last seen on the living room coffee table when she left her home to go to work that morning. The item is valued at $300.
- Theft – On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 9:53 a.m., a resident of Grouse Court in Lanoka Harbor reported a theft of items from an automobile. The items reported stolen included an Android cell phone, loose change, and hoop earrings. The vehicle was entered during the overnight hours. No signs of forced entry were observed. The total value of the stolen property is estimated at $53.
- Drug Paraphernalia Possession (Arrest) – On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 10:13 a.m., Officer Keith Pearce responded to the parking lot of Wawa at 800 Lacey Road, Forked River, in reference to a suspicious female sitting inside a black Volkswagen Passat. The anonymous caller reported seeing a needle in the female’s arm. The owner of the vehicle, Staci Triesman, had left before officers arrived, but was located at the Lacey Township Municipal Court where she was found to be in possession of two hypodermic needles. Officers collected the hypodermic needles for evidence, but were not able to locate any other drugs. Staci Triesman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and transported to police headquarters where she was processed and released on summons. The needles were packaged as evidence and sent to Ocean County Crime Laboratory for testing to determine if they contained a controlled dangerous substance.
- Shoplifting, Warrants, and Hindering Apprehension – On Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at 12:03 p.m., Officer John Simonson responded to Lacey Walmart for a female shoplifter leaving the store in a blue Honda Civic. The vehicle was observed by Officer John Simonson being driven in a reckless manner. The vehicle was then stopped in the parking lot of Walmart. The driver, 32-year-old Shannon M. Trott of Kent Drive in Manchester, NJ, provided Officer Simonson with a driver’s license belonging to Pattilynn China. An asset protection agent from the Walmart Manahawkin reported that Shannon Trott was also a suspect in a shoplifting incident in the Manahawkin Walmart. The asset protection agent from the Lacey Walmart had approached Shannon Trott upon seeing her arrive at the Lacey Store to attempt to return the stolen items for cash. Upon being approached by the Asset Protection Officer, she reportedly fled the store, leaving her passport which she used for identification at the courtesy desk to return the stolen items. The passport was turned over to Officer John Simonson. Shannon Trott was placed under arrest and transported to Lacey Township Police Headquarters. The items that were stolen from Manahawkin included a 21-inch piece of luggage valued at $49 and a two piece comforter bed set valued at $34.96; with the theft totaling $83.96. Shannon Trott had several outstanding warrants for her arrest. Cherry Hill Municipal Court (No Bail warrant), Lumberton Municipal Court ($500.00), Pemberton Municipal Court ($1,900.00), and Manchester Municipal Court ($750.00). Shannon Trott was fingerprinted, photographed, and charged with Hindering Apprehension, Theft by Deception, and Receiving Stolen Property. Judge Damian Murray set bail at $10,000 with no 10% option. Shannon Trott was also issued traffic summonses for Reckless Driving, Careless Driving, Failure to Wear Seatbelt, and Driving while Suspended. She was not able to post bail and was transported to Ocean County Correctional Facility.
- Theft – On Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at 9:23 a.m., a resident of Devon Street in Forked River reported a theft from a vehicle. The resident reported that sometime during the overnight hours, an unknown person or persons entered her 2012, GMC Yukon and stole her purse which was sitting on the passenger seat. The vehicle was parked in the driveway and left unsecured. The stolen items include a Floral Vera Bradley purse, TD-Visa Card, American Express Card, spare car key, NJ Driver’s license, and $10 in cash.
- Warrant Arrest – On Wednesday, October 9, 2013, at 2:47 p.m., Officer Keith Pearce responded to the Wawa, 444 Route 9 South in Forked River, in reference to a suspicious person. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of 31-year-old Joshua Peterson of Griffin Road in Franklin, NH, on four outstanding warrants. A $414 Woodbridge Township Municipal Court Warrant (DUI), a $250 Waretown Municipal Court Warrant (Shoplifting), a $393 Wall Township Municipal Court Warrant (Driving while suspended), and a $393 Wall Township Municipal Court Warrant (Failure to Maintain Lane). He was transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of the bail.
- Drug Distribution (Arrests) – A drug distribution investigation on the 300 block of Nautilus Boulevard in Forked River culminated in several arrests between October 3, 2013 and October 9, 2013. On the evening of October 3, 2013, Lacey Detectives witnessed a vehicle departing from 311 Nautilus Boulevard in Forked River where drug-dealing activity was suspected. The vehicle was observed dropping off a male passenger at the Lacey Branch of the Ocean County Library. After meeting with a second male, the passenger entered the bathroom of the library. Further investigation led to the arrest of 19-year-old Michael Capone of Forked River. Michael Capone was found in possession of heroin and was suspected of injecting the drug while in the bathroom of the public library. The second male, 21-year-old Joseph Ferenc of Forked River, was arrested for an outstanding Lacey Township warrant from a prior incident. During his arrest, detectives located paraphernalia consistent with the use of heroin. Other detectives conducted a traffic stop of the suspect vehicle which led to the arrest of the driver, 21-year-old Alexandria Walker of Forked River. Alexandria Walker was found in possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia. Alexandria Walker was ultimately charged with possession of heroin, distribution of heroin, and possession of a hypodermic syringe. Michael Capone was charged with possession of heroin and possession of a hypodermic syringe. Joseph Ferenc was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and lodged in the Ocean County Correctional Facility after being unable to post $750 bail on the outstanding warrant.
- Drug Distribution (Arrests) – On the afternoon of October 9, 2013, detectives observed a suspicious transaction between a pedestrian and a vehicle in the Burger King parking lot at the Lacey Mall. The passenger of the vehicle, 23-year-old Ralph Monaco, is a resident of 311 Nautilus Boulevard in Forked River. As detectives approached the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle, 21-year-old John Clifton of Forked River attempted to conceal cash. The pedestrian, 25-year-old Devin Demichele of Whiting, NJ, had heroin and a hypodermic syringe in his possession which led to his arrest. The subsequent search yielded additional heroin and drug paraphernalia along with nearly $2,000 cash. John Clifton and Ralph Monaco were both charged with possession of heroin, distribution of heroin, and possession of a hypodermic syringe. Both suspects were lodged in the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of $20,000 bail. Devin Demichele was incarcerated after bail was set at $10,000 in addition to an outstanding $2,500 warrant issued by the Tabernacle Municipal Court. A third passenger in the vehicle, 21-year-old Fred Vona of Forked River was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Residential Burglary & Theft as well as an additional Attempted Burglary – On Wednesday October 9, 2013, at 12:21 a.m., Officer Julie Barcalow and Officer Michael Eden responded to the 600 block of Baldwin Street in Forked River in reference to a reported burglary-in-progress. The resident reported that someone was cutting his window screen and attempting to get into his residence through his bedroom window. The suspect(s) fled in a vehicle prior to the arrival of officers. The resident could not provide a description of the suspect but described the suspect vehicle as an older model Honda that was possibly black or blue in color. While investigating the incident, the resident advised the officers that someone had burglarized the residence two days prior on Monday, October 7, 2013. He stated that he did not report the burglary and theft because they stole under $2,000 in cash. No suspects have been identified at this time.
- Theft – On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 7:15 p.m., Officer Robert Flynn met with a resident of the 700 block of Beach Boulevard in Forked River at police headquarters regarding a theft. The resident reported that he arrived home earlier to find his home had no electricity and that the electric meter on the side of his house was missing. JCP&L indicated that they would be responding to repair the meter. The value of the meter is estimated at $100.
- Burglary and Theft (Auto) – On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 9:13 a.m., a resident of Dugout Drive in Lanoka Harbor reported a theft from a motor vehicle. The resident reported that between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m., someone entered his vehicle and stole a white plastic Solo Style cup sitting in the console of the vehicle that had about twenty dollars in loose change. The cup (valued at $1.00) had “USMC” painted on the side. The vehicle was unlocked and parked in the driveway.
- Fraud & Theft – On Thursday, October 10, 2013, a resident of Harrison Avenue in Forked River reported a fraud and theft. The resident had already made a report that his wallet was stolen from his vehicle on Wednesday October 9, 2013. The resident now was reporting that monies had been removed from his account via his stolen ATM card. Five withdrawals were reportedly made on Wednesday October 13, 2013 from the Kearny Federal Savings Bank, 630 North Main Street, Lanoka Harbor. The total amount withdrawn from the account was $615.
- Burglary and Theft (Auto) – On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:26 a.m., a resident of the 900 block of Clairmore Avenue in Lanoka Harbor reported a theft from a vehicle. The resident reported that her purse had been taken from her unlocked vehicle, a 2006, Black Pontiac G6, sometime between 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 and 6:15 a.m. on Thursday, October 10, 2013. The vehicle was parked in the driveway of her home. The stolen items include a White and Black Purse, debit card, two black wallets, $200 cash, a check book, driver’s license, insurance card, vehicle registration, Gettysburg tickets, Boston’s gift card, Gamestop gift card, social security card, birth certificate, student I.D, and two gold charms. The total value of the stolen items is estimated at $384.
- Burglary and Theft (Residence) – On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:41 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy responded to the 900 block of Montauk Drive in Forked River for a report of a residential burglary. The victim reported that sometime between 8:40 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 11, 2013, she discovered jewelry missing from her bedroom dresser and her laptop missing from the sun room. No signs of forced entry could be located but objects in the residence had been moved. The total value of the jewelry is estimated to be over $5,000 and the laptop is valued at $500. The victim was able to identify a possible suspect who is known to the family.
- Burglary and Theft – On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:24 a.m., a resident of the 700 block of Weehawken Avenue in Forked River reported a burglary of a residence. The resident, 21-year-old Ashley Frank, reported that sometime between 12:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 someone entered her residence through a bedroom window. Ashley Frank immediately noticed that her house keys at the time, but did not realize until two days later that jewelry was also missing. The items stolen include a gold Coach bracelet valued at $125, a silver Coach bracelet valued at $75, a white gold ring valued at $300, and five miscellaneous gold bracelets with a total value of $250. The total value of stolen property is $756. The victim identified a person known to her as a suspect in the burglary and theft.
- DUI (Arrest) – On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 1:39 a.m., Officer Dimitri Tsarnas stopped a vehicle near the entrance of the Power Plant. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of the driver, 21-year-old, Joseph Ferenc of Forked River for DUI. Joseph Ferenc was issued summonses for DUI, Driving while Suspended, Reckless Driving, and Failure to Maintain Lane.
- Fraud – On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 12:25 p.m., Officer Michael Hein and Officer Scott Anderson responded to a Merrimac Road residence in Lanoka Harbor for a report of fraud. A resident reported that someone used his Wells Fargo Visa debit card to withdraw $302 from his checking account. The ATM at the 7-11 store, 403 Route 9 North in Lanoka Harbor, was utilized to make the fraudulent transaction. The victim provided the identity of a suspect who is known to the victim.
- Criminal Mischief – On Saturday, October 12, 2013, at 12:16 p.m., a resident of the 400 block of Lake Barnegat Drive North reported criminal mischief to his vehicle. The complainant reported that sometime between 10:00 p.m. on Friday, October 11, 2013, and 2:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 12, 2013, an unknown person or persons slashed the front driver’s side tire of his white, 2001, Saturn SC, which was parked out in front of the residence. The damage is estimated at $100.
- Criminal Mischief – On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 12:38 a.m., Special Officer Russell Moller observed graffiti (spray paint) on the Beach Boulevard bridge by Sandy Hook Drive, Forked River. Arrangements are being made to remove the graffiti. Damage is estimated at $300.
- Theft – On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 5:26 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy responded to the wooded area behind 408 Route 9 North in reference to suspicious persons in the woods. The subjects were identified as 26-year-old Tara Thau of Prospect Avenue in Lakewood, NJ, and her father, Edward Thau of West Avenue in Delanco, NJ. While speaking to the subjects, Tara Thau reported that her friend 23-year-old Renee Milko and her boyfriend, 19-year-old Nicholas McBride, both of 69 Bonita Road in Waretown, NJ, just stole $200 from her purse. Tara Thau stated that she had just bought them lunch at McDonalds and they must have stolen the money when she left her purse and went to the bathroom.
- Burglary and Theft (Auto) – On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 2:55 p.m., Officer Michael Hein met with a resident of the 300 block of Normandie Drive in Forked River who reported a theft from an unlocked vehicle. The victim stated that an unknown person or persons entered her vehicle between 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 12, 2013 and 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 13, 2013. Stolen from the vehicle was a Garmin Novi 260 GPS valued at $290.
- Warrant Arrest – On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 9:28 a.m., Special Officer Travis Horton arrested Candice Gianettino of Schindler Drive in Brick, NJ, on an active traffic warrant out of the Asbury Park Municipal Court after conducting a motor vehicle stop. Candice Gianettino was found to be operating the vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. She was issued a summons for Driving with a Suspended License and released after posting $89 bail on the Asbury Park traffic warrant.
- DUI (Arrest) – On Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 1:23 a.m., Officer Alan Abrecht responded to a residence on the 600 block of Windsor Street in Forked River for a report of an unknown male subject attempting to enter the caller’s yard. The male subject, identified as Yousef Qazi, was located in the rear yard of a Deerhead Lake Drive residence standing behind a shed. Yousef Qazi stated he was going to his home on Schoolhouse Lane in Toms River when he was informed that he was in Forked River, NJ. He was confused and did not believe that he was not at his residence. His vehicle was located running in the roadway with its lights on parked on Deerhead Lake Drive. The vehicle’s driver’s side mirror, front bumper, and quarter panel had minor damage to it. Officer Alan Abrecht had Yousef Qazi perform field sobriety tests. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of Yousef Qazi for DUI. Yousef Qazi was transported to Lacey Township Police Headquarters where he was processed for DUI and released to a family member after being issued summonses for DUI and Reckless Driving.
- Burglary, Theft & Criminal Mischief (Auto) – At 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, October 13, 2013, a resident of Easy Street in Forked River reported a vehicle burglary. The victim indicated that an unknown person or persons entered her 2004, Chrysler Sebring convertible while the vehicle was parked at the residence between 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 12, 2013, and 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, October 13, 2013. Entry was gained by cutting a hole in the convertible roof then opening the door lock of the vehicle. Stolen from the vehicle was a white nylon women’s gym bag containing gym clothing and a combination lock. The theft totaled $200, yet the damage to the vehicle is estimated at $2,000. The total loss is estimated at $2,200.
- Theft from Residence – On Monday, October 14, 2013 at 8:25 p.m., Officer Julie Barcalow responded to police headquarters to take a theft report. A resident of Kay Street in Forked River reported that she had items stolen from her Sentry Safe. The victim stated that sometime between Sunday, October 13, 2013 and Monday, October 14, 2013, someone pried open her Sentry Safe and stole the items contained within in it. The stolen items include three birth certificates, a social security card, and two life insurance policies, as well as approximately 50 CD’s. Also reported stolen from the safe were numerous prescription medications including Oxycodone, Methadone, Synthroid, and Clonazapam. The total value of the stolen item is $610. The matter is under investigation.